We're making a super, super easy craft today - ribbon book marks. Once you get everything assembled, this might take you all of ten minutes. I used this fabulous Haunted Mansion ribbon featuring the four stretching portraits because I'm in a Haunted Mansion sort of mood.
- Haunted Mansion Ribbon - I got mine on Esty, but really you can use any ribbon. I love this ribbon and I will be thinking of other crafts to make with it soon.
- Metal Ribbon Crimps - I got mine on Amazon, the size should match your ribbon
- 2 charms or beads. To keep with the Haunted Mansion theme, I used one crystal ball charm (from Michaels) and one bell - both of these factor into the Madame Leota room in both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Haunted Mansions.
- O rings to attach the charms. You don't need the whole package above, but I bought it because I needed the other items and it often works out to be cheaper.
- Pliers - not jewelry pliers, real pliers. The crimps can be tough to close correctly.
Cut your ribbon - for mass paper backs you want it to be about 7.5 inches. For hardbacks, 9 inches. Of course you can make it a little longer if you like.
Take one of the crimps and put it on the end of the ribbon. Take the pliers and close the crimp around it, making sure that the ribbon doesn't move while you do this. Repeat with the other end of the ribbon.
Take the O rings and open them, slide them through the charms on each end. Close the rings.
And you're done, so you can go read a book.
Here's our final bookmark.
Here's another take at the same method of bookmark using crime scene ribbon with Shrinky Dink charms: